I've been exhausted in the afternoons lately. Friday afternoon before
we picked up Jackson, I fell asleep on my side on the couch and you
just curled up in my legs like a little kitten and watched PBS kids
(Odd Squad and Daniel Tiger episodes) while I slept for 2 1/2 hours!
I took a similar nap in Sunday while you were with your Daddy (both
riding bikes at O. Henry track and then a trip to HEB).
Columbus Day was observed today and you and Jackson didn't have
school. It was also Olga H.'s first day with us. We went to lunch at
Hat Creek in Westlake with the Mackovics and I was completely worn out
by the time we headed home. I laid down for a little bit and your
brother asked me to read. Sure enough, by the end of his book I was
slurring and barely keeping my eyes open. This is 37 weeks pregnant.
So I slept for a little while.
You crawled into the bed, put your forehead to mine and softly sang
the first verse and chorus of "Good Ole Boys Like Me" by Don Williams.
When you finished, you pulled your head back a few inches and asked me
"Did you love that?"
Yes, my darling. I did love that.
No comments:
Post a Comment