Countdown to Number Two

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Turkey Chili

I've decided to put some of our frequent recipes in your books.

Starting off with Molly's absolute favorite. It's in the rotation a lot. Everyone seems to eat well and like it, but Molly requests it at least once a week. I think it's the sour cream delivery method that moves it up to rock star status.

I make it rather mild so everyone will eat it, but Dada sprinkles back in a little extra kick to his. I used to prep three at a time and freeze them pre-mixed. But I've run out of freezer space. So I premix all the spices in old glass spice jars that I've labeled accordingly- which is also why I've switched away from the chopped garlic to the powdered. Then I just dump in the premixed spices along with the frozen turkey, frozen corn, 2 cans of beans (which I buy in bulk) and our favorite organic spaghetti sauce (so it's not acidic tomatoes that gave been sitting in cans) and voila!
We're done.
Easy peasy.
Everyone is happy. 💝

Xxoo,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment