Countdown to Number Two

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Pantsuit Christmas

I wore my pantsuit to Christmas Eve service this year. Jackson took this picture of you and me because we were coordinating in our bright red. 


My beloved grandmother Annie taught me about equal rights before I knew any different. She was a biology and chemistry double major at UT in the late 40's. I wish she could have meet her great grandchildren and I think she would have been proud of the values with which they are being raised. Recently -specifically since October and the end of the election- pantsuits have become a symbol of feminism and equality.


I hope you (and your sister) know you can be anything you want to be and you can do anything you want to do. You come from a long line of strong-willed and intelligent women and you are already showing that you too will carry that torch. 




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment