Countdown to Number Two

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Four Month Check-up

13 lbs 15.5 ounces (but I think it's fair to call it 14 lbs even. You had just had a dirty diaper and were about to eat again)

You were supposed to have your four-month checkup on Thursday, the day after here were four months old. However, on Tuesday night I had quite a scare when you had to red diaper. I called the doctor to make sure it wasn't an emergency and thankfully it wasn't; but she did say you needed to come in the next day to be checked out. After that conversation, you had another red diaper – more blood in your urine - and had two more the next morning. After a urine sample (which you did extremely well with!) and a couple days growing the culture, they came back negative for a urine infection. We had to do two days of antibiotics, but were able to stop after the culture came back.

Next Tuesday we will go get a sonogram of your teeny belly to make sure everything is okay. I'm a little nervous, but you seem happy as a lark. The antibiotics gave you quite a rash on your bottom, but we are working diligently to make that better! Poor baby.

So your "well baby" check-up for four months has been postponed until October 21.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment