Molly Bits,
Though I've held you all day and have kissed hugged and sun to you, words kinda fail me right now. I'll find a way to document this as best as possible but know that there is no way words can convey the depth of emotion, the expanse of love and protectiveness I feel for you, nor the delight- that even in these uncertain times- you bring to me and everyone you encounter.
You -and we- are going to be just fine.
I love you, my precious baby.
-Mama
Below is the note for your brother.
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
Date: October 10, 2012 4:30:07 AM CDT
Subject: Forever Changed
Sweet Jackson,
I cant sleep, but thankfully you can. Yesterday was a day that we will never forget and the days and weeks ahead will be long and hard. My goal for you is to keep everything as 'normal' as possible and in lieu of normal, at least consistent. You are visibly worried about your baby but seem to be taking it in stride so far.
You are aware that your baby sister is sick. You've asked some questions and we are answering honestly. I explained to you tonight that she has a boo boo in her tummy and the doctors are going to work to make it better. You asked who did it and I explained no one put the boo boo there, sometimes people just get boo boos and we don't know why. I asked you if you were worried and you immediately answered "uh huh" and I told you I was worried about her, too, but that she was going to get better.
Tonight before you went to bed you asked to kiss baby sister. After you did, you told her "feel better baby sister." With love like that, her recovery must be augmented.
I love you sweet boy. Everything is going to be alright.
-Mama
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment