Your kicking is constant enough these days that I can usually predict when you're starting up a wiggle-storm in my belly. Which is great because then I can let others know when to feel for you! Most noteably... your sweet big brother. I'll tell him that you want to high-five him (since he knows kicking isn't allowed I try nont to refer to it as 'kicking' with him) and he gets really excited. Sometimes I just ask if he wants to feel his baby sister and sometimes without prompting he'll ask to feel you. Whatever the situation, his eyes get real wide and he runs over, lifts Mama's shirt and puts his little hands on my belly. He'll patiently stand and watch his hands or my face, eagerly awaiting your thump. You'll appreciate this someday because it is *really hard* for a two year old to stand still and wait. ...but you're worth it! And then it happens... you'll thump, it takes a second to register with him, he straightens up, eyes even wider, and then screams with delight! when the excitement wanes, he'll say "more! again!" lay his hands back down and wait some more.
I got a video the other day but didn't do a great job of capturing it... I'll keep trying to get another video. Trick is: if you start kicking a lot and I get up to walk to get the camera, the swaying usually of my movement tends to make you get still again. So often, I'll just let you and your brother have a moment before trying to get the camera and by then it's all over. But no worries-- we're just a little over the halfway mark and you'll be getting bigger and bigger...so there should be plenty of time for some good pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment