Countdown to Number Two

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Seventh Birthday Eve

You were delighted and giddy as you went to sleep on hour 7th birthday eve. Lilly was having a meltdown and refusing to sleep so you went to sleep on Jackson's top bunk. After a long busy weekend, amazingly, he was already asleep.

We were talking about your upcoming birthday and mainly about how much you'd already done and accomplished on your first seven years of life.

Me: you've learned to play the piano, you're an incredible artist, you're amazing at Math, you're an excellent writer and you speak some Spanish. You've been to beaches and mountains, California and seen the Statue of Liberty, been all over the state of Texas
You: I've been all over the state of Europe
Me: Yes! You sure have. You've stood on top of the Eiffel Tower! How would you rate your first seven years
You : (eagerly flashing ten fingers) it's been great! What about you?
Me: you mean my last seven years with you or my first seven years?
You: your first seven years
Me: well, my last seven years have been absolutely magical with you. But, my first seven years were pretty great.
You: (still lighthearted, just matter-of-fact) except for when your house burned down.
Me: True.
You: how old were you?
Me: oh, six or so. Maybe eight?
You: I think you told me seven once.
Me: okay then, seven.
You: and mines been pretty great except for the time my hand got smushed in the elevator door at the store (REI on Lamar)
Me: (not what I was expecting) yeah, that was pretty scary
You: but at least my hand don't get hurt
Me: exactly!
You: and some people think it's a bad thing to have a kidney removed. But it's not. Not if it saves your life.
Me: Molly, I couldn't agree more.
You: (smiling and nodding and nuzzling yourself down into your pillows) I love you.
Me: I love you, too. Night night my precious girl.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment