Countdown to Number Two

Sunday, June 10, 2018

My Beautiful Six Year Old

Happiest of birthdays to my precious daughter. I loved celebrating your sixth birthday. We had a "Bounce House" party in the front yard with 30 kids- your class for GSA, neighbors and friends from preschool. 
It was hot, but thankfully not as hot as the forecast suggested (95 instead of 104). 
We spent the weekend setting up and cleaning up and I think you loved it. We went to church and you got your birthday blessing  and then lunch at hone and we were all sitting around the table at noon when I busted out a spontaneous "happy birthday" song - and you realized you were officially six.  Your family birthday dinner was the following Tuesday night at Cafe Express, lee your request. 💕 Mom and dad got you a snow cone maker/ice shaver and let you open it early since we won't be home this summer. But it was your request (well, that it a puppy) so we came through and went industrial grade so it wouldn't break ...and so I wouldn't spend hours grinding ice with a plastic toy. Ha! It's been a big hit!

At six, you are incredibly observant, thoughtful and independent. You stand up for what you believe in and speak your mind. You are both tender and fierce. You love to "speak" with your eyes. 

You fall asleep within minutes of your head hitting the pillow and you pop out of bed fully awake by 6/6:30 ready for the day. 

You're my girl and we have a wonderful time together. We play BFG in the front yard (where I chase you, pick you up and spin you around), we garden (last week you sang "hush little baby" to some seeds we planted- and then I taught you all the words which you continued to sing daily afterwards- including to Lilly while she's napping), and we snuggle each night while you lay in bed . 

You are a wonderful friend and have developed many new friendships this year. Within the last month or so, you have become comfortable with being at a play date without me. You took your time on this and I was totally okay with whatever timing you wanted on that- but MANY friends have been asking for over a year. Your closest friends right now are Georgia, Parker, Vivienne, Circe and Maggie. But have many more sweet friends besides those. 

You were in dance classes last fall but this spring opted for no activities because you wanted to be with me. Which I adore. Lucky for me, I'm blessed to spend each afternoon with you and will as long as you'd like. Hopefully forever. We have dance parties in the living room almost daily- sometimes more than once a day! And you occasionally sing. Some of your favorite songs are "Fight Song" and almost anything by Taylor Swift- especially her 1989 album. 

In school this year you learned to play piano and your teacher noticed your aptitude and gave you a much harder piece for the end of year performance. At Christmas you performed "Are You Sleeping?" But by May you performed "Quincentennial" and nailed it!

I love you sweet girl. Here's to six years with wonderful you. Xoxo 




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment