Origin of boo boo band aid name
Since the time Jackson could speak, the term "boo-boo Band-Aid "has been used in our house consistently and the preceding "boo-boo" has never been dropped. In fact, it has been picked up by Molly and I suspect later by Lilly too.
Band-Aids of all characters and designs abound in our house. Any time I see a new design/type, I can't seem to stop getting them for y'all; and you guys delight in having access to the different characters. From my perspective, each of those $3 boxes of Band-Aids are worth every. single. penny. And then some.
This morning Jackson hurt his knee and Molly sprinted with all her might to run go get a Band-Aid and put it on his knee. To be clear, there was no broken skin and no resulting bruise – nonetheless, within seconds of the bandage being applied by a very concerned sister, a very relieved sounding Jackson said, "it already feels better. "
I reaffirmed the situation by saying that it definitely feels better to have someone show concern about us when we are hurting.
I wonder for how much longer we will believe in the healing power of a Band-Aid. My hope is that in your hearts, the concept of the magical healing Band-Aid never goes away because indeed, it does make a difference. I pray that you three will always rush to give Band-Aids to each other when someone is hurting.
All my love,
Moma
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment