A large box came in the mail today. Our monthly Amazon shipment of diapers, cleaning products and toiletries; and the box is always a big hit.
Jackson asked (begged) to sleep in it tonight After all, he reasoned, Mr Moon in the movie "Sing" sleeps in his desk drawer.
It was such a sweet and sincere petition, I couldn't say no. I suggested he might be very uncomfortable after a short time- but it caused ZERO hesitation.
After awhile of Molly who gave me an ear full as she lamented and fussed that she didn't get to sleep in a box- I resolved it when I suggested that you all sleep in the same room. A widely-received excellent plan.
After awhile of settling in, which included Jackson writing a couple nighttime stories on the flaps of the box and Molly requesting a snack (a granola bar since she "didn't like anything we ate for dinner" *picture of dad's late plate attached for reference) and eating it... Jackson tucked himself away in his bed box and Molly slid into the lower bunk bed.
It didn't take long before a tearful Molly wanted to sleep in her own bedroom and walked to her own bed. Then Jackson popped his little head out of the box, sad that molly had left. "I'm disappointed. I was really looking forward to us all sleeping in one room" he said. Such a sensitive little sweet pea.
So I suggested (and he did) walk to Molly's room to ask her if she'd sleep in there if he kept the box open so she could tell he was there. I scrambled along behind to hear the conversation that followed. By the time I arrived the sweetness between the two of them was currently discussing that maybe Jackson should sleep in Molly's room in the box and then y'all asked me if that was okay.
So here we are. Molly in bed. Jackson in box in bed. Me on the chair, nursing Lilly in my arms. Song sung. Lights out. Turtle stars shining on the ceiling. Minor discussion about his they're right next to each other if they need anything. Slight negotiations to cover morning activities** agreed upon. Last minute potty break accomplished. And a little hand reaches out of the box and feels around, finally pulling on a sheet.
"Jackson, you're pulling my bed sheet" molly softly explains
"I'm tryin' to find your hand..." he replies
And she unwraps her hands from the sheets and promptly reached out to connect.
And I get to snap this picture.
Heart full.
Magic.
No comments:
Post a Comment