Countdown to Number Two

Monday, September 5, 2016

UT Season Opener

UT (unranked) played Notre Dame (ranked 10) and won in a thrilling double over time. We came home after the halftime show and Molly fell asleep almost immediately from her head hitting the pillow. But Jackson rallied and begged to watch some of the game on TV. And it was so exciting and with so many thoughtful questions that we watched the whole darn thing. Up till 11 (bedtime for both of you is currently 8:00- MMP sleeps by 8:05 usually, though JDP lays in bed until 8:45/9)

It sprinkled a few times during the game but never too much and was an amazing 85 degrees, instead of our usual 100+ degree season openers. There was even a rainbow after the first sprinkle pre-game.

Also of note: Bevo XV made his debut tonight and the little 18-month-old 1,100 pound steer made his way out onto the field with a little bit of nerves. He has beautiful markings and sweet little horns but will no doubt grow into a huge fella before long.

Y'all had a wonderful time and obviously loved being there, despite being worn out by the end. And oh, did y'all turn heads for being cute. I kept being told that I had "a beautiful family" by strangers. Of course I adore y'all, but it was pretty great to hear it from others.

I was absolutely worn out by the end and it was a hard walk back to the car in my worn out body, but we made it. Turns out, it's hard to maneuver a crowd when you need extra belly space. But when people would happen to look down and notice, their eyes would gleam and they'd grin ear to ear. Gotta love the Longhorn Nation.

Only bummer was that my phone was full or I would have gotten more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment