Countdown to Number Two

Saturday, August 27, 2016

When I'm big...

With wide eyes, and very slowly this afternoon:

"Mama, when I'm bigger, will you buy me my very own chocolate covered almonds? (Slight pause, still clearly pondering something) ...and my own long skirt that can also be a dress... (Looking around longer pause) And, um, my own cheese plate with a tray for crackers? Oh, and some cheese knives?"

Me: "Yes. Of course, baby. You can have those things."

-the skirt/dress references a black with white stripes maxi skirt I've been wearing lately as a strapless dress that covers the giant belly comfortably
- the cheese plate request references a plate that you asked a similar question about months ago but apparently remembered today. The the acrylic one with a small v-shape stand/tray to hold the crackers upright at the edge of the plate. You're a big fan. You're also a big fan of the magnolia-handled Arthur Court cheese knives and always beat me to getting them out- without my ever mentioning it- when you see the cheese tray or cheese coming out. You relish getting to pull them out of the box and lay one down by each type of cheese.

I snagged this quick pic with after you wrapped up your Q&A.

No comments:

Post a Comment