So each night at dinner we light a candle and take a moment to relax then go around the table and tell what our highlight was for the day. (It's ok to have more than one) Here was tonight's harvest:
Jackson first- "it happened just now when I ate my FAVORITE FOOD for the first time ever!" (Reference: I need a meatloaf for the first time tonight. You were a big fan)
Molly – "it was when I got to eat M&Ms and a graham crackers!" (reference: around lunch time we got home from the doctors office with your prescription of azithromycin for strep throat. Apparently it has a better aftertaste so I lined up snacks and a drink for right you after you took it. You were not a fan of the aftertaste for sure, but you seemed quite pleased with the aftermath as your bitter face queued me to start sprinkling a Halloween package of M&Ms over your graham crackers. And I suspect you took a cue from your brothers theme of food for the night)
Dad- "mine was Jackson's face when he first saw me when I picked him up from school today!"
Mom- (I named three things, actually) -that Dad surprised me and came home so I could go to bible study and/or the doctors office
-that Kerry stopped by and surprised me with flowers and a note that said "you are loved"
-that Jackie and I had this exchange:
JVP: "I love you"
ESP: "I love you too. I love you more than my luggage!"
JVP: "Yes!! That's TOTALLY going to be us!!"
I'm thankful for our sweet family and that we build a practice of gratitude. Even at 3 & 5 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment