You like to wear your hair "flat," never with the clip, headband or ponytail. On rare occasions I can get you to wear a pony tail but usually when you are in school or only for a short period of time. You never forget that it's in and always pull it out as soon as possible. For example- the moment you get into your car seat after school, you have pulled that ponytail down before you even put your arms through the straps of your seatbelt. Your curls are getting longer and fuller and even with the heat of the summer, you have not agreed to the ponytail.
Every day, you asked me to wear my hair flat. If it's in a ponytail, you ask if you can take it down or sometimes just help yourself and take it down. You feel the same way about my hair being in a bun. If I had to guess, I would say you ask for my hair to be flat 15 to 20 times a day. From the moment I wake up and throughout the heat of the day you still insist, sweetly and sometimes with a tinge of disappointment that I've put my hair up *again* despite the three digit temperatures.
Just a few minutes ago I noticed you blowing your hair out of your face. You were tilting your head down so your hair was falling in front of your eyes. I asked you if your hair was getting in the way and you answered with a light easy tone and shrugging your shoulders up-and-down, "Oh, no. They are just hanging out with their friends and their buddies."

No comments:
Post a Comment