Countdown to Number Two

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Molly's Big Girl Bed + Bunks

Molly's big girl bed is finally set up! Thank you to the grandparents for her beautiful new bedding!  Molly and Mama picked it out and the grandparents bought different pieces of the bedding as birthday gifts.

In lieu of getting an additional full mattress, we decided to humor Jackson's long standing request for bunk beds and move his mattress into her room (but switched out the bed itself).

Molly was THRILLED with every step of putting it together and Jackson was absolutely on cloud nine. They bounced around from room to room today "helping" and cheering as their new rooms were set up.

Some quotes from the day:
"It's Puh-pul!!""

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! It's my big girl bed! It's really here!"

"I love my bed more than any of my toys or any that I've thought I wanted!"

"However much I thought I was going to love it- well, it's even MORE than I ever thought!"

"Uh-oh! Molly, don't lean over the top because I don't want you to get hurt and you are my most favorite gift of all"

"Molly, if you go tee tee in the potty, you can sleep in my bed on the lower one!! And you can sleep there because I love you." MMP's response: "aww, tank you bubby. I wuv you too!" {Hug}


We still have curtains and wall hangings to go, but we're quite proud of all we accomplished today. The kids went to bed exhausted and elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment