Countdown to Number Two

Friday, June 21, 2013

3202 - thurs 6/20

Well, we have put an offer on another house and it looks as if we will be moving. With mixed emotions we are starting a flurry of activity getting ready to put this house on the market in the next few days. This house will always have a special place in my heart. I suppose, though, now is a great time to get a bigger yard and a house that can continue to grow as our growing family's needs increase. I'm sad to leave this wonderful street, but am reminded by many that we are moving to another wonderful street with tons of kids for you two to grow up with. Not to mention, we will be across the street from your cousins, the TriPrices.

The pool has been such a pain for years now. And frankly, the omnipresent safety concern will not be gone for a few more years. Of course, today, for the *first time ever* Jackson, you asked to go swimming. Im guessing you have overheard conversations and maybe you're getting in a few last moments enjoying the pool before we head out. We probably won't move until the first of August. A few more weeks; one last summer.

As always, when someone sells a house and it gets all spruced up, you then hear "why are we leaving again?" But I suppose that is better than "I can't wait to get outta here!" because there really are some great things about this house. We will certainly miss the fantastic kitchen that we built, my treehouse of a gorgeous marble bathroom and I will miss the wonderful light that glows and reflects into this house year-round. Got to love a house that faces east and west!

Oh, the sentimental value that this was the house that we brought our babies home cannot be outweighed by anything. This is house you spent your first years, crawled in and where you learned to walk. The house I work from home so I could have lunch with Jackson. Your mom and dad's first home together. The home of our salad days.

But awaiting us – a lot that is twice the size of this one, I single-story home so that I am not trippity-tropping up and down stairs during the night when you two wake, a carport, a driveway to play on, and a giant yard without the danger of a pool. I look forward to being able to open the door and let you little monkeys run out and play and adventure around without someone standing over your shoulder every second. I think kids deserve that chance for independence and an environment where it is safe them to do so.

The trees at the next house are magnificent, too, and we have a wonderful front porch and a swing where I look forward to spending many hours.

We have a ton to accomplish over the next few days and I am definitely dreading that. But I guess we'll just march forward. We are no strangers to stress after this past year. A few home ad memories await.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment