Countdown to Number Two

Monday, August 6, 2012

Two month checkup

Two month checkup was today. And again, everything looked great! We had a visit last week with Dr. Murdock at Central Texas Pediatric Orthopedics and everything went great – no DDH (developmental dysplasia of the hip)

At today's appointment, Bitsy weighed in at 11 lbs. 12 oz. which is 65th percentile for her age. She was also 85th percentile for height! At 23 1/4 inches she has grown 3 1/2 inches in a mere two months. Pretty impressive. Dr. Caldwell noted that she will be taller than her mama – who is 5'4"

She also had her hematocrit checked again and was excellent. Hopefully no more of those toe prick/blood draw due to her Coombs after the good results from this test. They say symptoms can emerge later, but I think at two months we should be in the clear.

She also had her Pentacel shot (which covers DtaP, and HIB) as well as polio and Prevnar/pneumococcal , So we got two shots and one oral. That was a good thing. Sweet little baby is nursing now.

Also, Dr. Caldwell insisted on taking this sweet picture (and made several attempts, ensuring everything was just right). He said it was precious and that we needed to make an effort to capture moments like this. I know without a doubt that I don't get enough pictures with Molly - and certainly not "good" ones most are just the blurry self shots that I take. Hopefully I have some good ones. As I told Dr. Caldwell, I'll have to tell her "I swear I was with you nonstop those first two months" because there won't be any pictures to show her. Then, in Dr. Caldwell style, he gave me a mini speech about making sure that I back up and Doubleback up - and then probably even burn a CD – of the pictures I've taken of her and Jackson. Very sweet.

All in all good appointment. Glad to have it over with because I was dreading the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment